We've got just a couple more picks to finish work our virtual remake of a 2009 HGTV Dream Home bedroom and today we'll focus on lighting.
We're picking two lamps -- a table lamp and a floor lamp. Remember, that means two votes. So you'll find two polls at the bottom of this email.
First, I'll show you the choices for the floor lamps, along with all the details and the voting poll. Then we'll move on to the table lamps.
Our purchases have stripped our $2,750 budget down to $844, which is pretty good considering how little we have left to buy. I'm so proud of all your picks!
You can see how well our pieces are working together -- and how they look compared with the inspiration room -- at right. You can click to see them larger.
Remember, we're not going for a replica. We're trying to recreate the room's feel.
Here are the floor lamp details -- and then don't forget to move on to the table lamps!
1. The black Swing Arm Floor Lamp from EuroStyle Lighting is $190. I think this is a fairly nice match for the room, especially if you can imagine that the top is pulled out a little bit. Certainly, the shade is a pretty good match. Plus, the price is OK.
2.This is the Verilux Legacy Aged Bronze Pharmacy Floor Lamp for $155 from Lamps Plus. This is aged bronze instead of black, but it's so pretty and dark that I don't think it matters at all. It's also a different shape. But I think it still matches room.
3. This Brushed Steel Floor Lamp with White Shade is $50 from Target. Yep, $50! The lamp is really nothing like the one in the inspiration room. It's brushed steel. It's got a white shade. The lamp base has no bends or flexibility. It's got two things: The right shaped shade and a great price.
4. The Wyatt Floor Lamp from Pottery Barn is $199. I love this lamp. It's just gorgeous. It's not the same style as the inspiration room lamp but I think it's the right feel for the room. But I'm worried about the size. I'm not sure it would fit in the small space we need between that corner cabinet and the chair. Of course, this is a virtual room. It's not we have to actually put it together!
5. The KULLA floor lamp is $90 from IKEA. This is another lamp with a great price. The shape of the shade is right, but this one doesn't have any flexibility and the shade might be just a little bit big. But again, it's a nice price!
Now it's time to vote -- AND DON'T FORGET TO GO ON TO THE TABLE LAMPS TOO!
On to the table lamps...
1. This Black Leather Table Lamp is $32 from Amazon. This is nothing at all like the table lamp in the inspiration room but I wanted to offer a little variety. Plus, I thought the base sort of mimicked the feel of the shade of the inspiration lamp. This is a nice price.
2. This Black & White Damask lamp is $17 from Target. Again, this is different from the inspiration room. But I liked having the pattern because I thought it would add some nice texture. It has a silver base, like the one in the inspiration room.
3. The Monolith Table Lamp is from Room & Board and is $250. This lamp is most like the one in the inspiration room. The shade is the right color and shape and the base is chrome. But it lacks the interesting detail of the shade in the inspiration room. Plus, it's our most expensive option and it might be a little too modern for the room.
4. The Possini Euro Design Triple Column Wood Table Lamp is $130 from EuroStyle Lighting. This is a great looking lamp. But it might be a little too strong looking for our room, especially when we add all those black frames on the wall behind it. Still, I liked that it was black and the shape of the shade is right.
5. The Metro Swing Arm lamp is $90 from Crate & Barrel. I love this little lamp and I think it would be so nice to have the swing arm next to the bed. It's black instead of silver and the shade is round instead of rectangular. But I still think it would work well in the room.
That's it! It's time now to vote on the table lamps:
You've got until 5 p.m. Sunday to vote!